- Electrolux: One Step Closer to Sustainability Goals
Electrolux: One Step Closer to Sustainability Goals
Electrolux is committed to making a change for the better by being the best appliance company in the world. We strive to make a positive difference in people's lives and for our planet. By 2020, Electrolux aims to cut CO2 emissions from transportation of appliances by 15%.
In order to monitor our progress, we created a new dashboard that allows us to examine the carbon footprint of road, rail, intermodal, and ocean shipments. This is one of the many ways that Electrolux aims to shape living for the better.
We are committed to
- Designing products to reduce their adverse environmental impact in production, use and disposal.
- Reducing resource consumption, waste and pollution in our operations.
- Taking a proactive approach regarding environmental legislation that affects our business.
- Encouraging suppliers, subcontractors, retailers and recyclers of our products to adopt the same environmental principles as Electrolux.
- Giving appropriate weight to this environmental policy when making future planning and investment decisions.
- Setting targets and objectives, within the scope of the environmental management system, to achieve continual improvement and a sustainable development.
For more information on Electrolux's committment to sustainability, click here.